What is Gua Sha?
The Gua Sha is a stone that has been used for almost 2000 years. It is pronounced gwahshah, which comes from the Chinese word for scraping.
It was first used as a healing procedure copied from traditional East Asian medicine. It was used to treat and heal the body of everything, anything from colds and fevers to muscle pain. Gua Sha's have been used as a part of a beauty ritual for years too, typically using a spatula made from buffalo horn.
The Gua Sha tool has now been redefined and modernised, it is now made from much finer materials such as rose quarts, jade stones or aventurine stones which are believed to have many healing powers.
There are numerous benefits of using Gua Sha as a part of your daily skincare routine, some of the main ones include:
1. Has powerful circulation boosting powers, it improves the appearance of the skin and releases tension throughout the body.
2. Reduces puffiness of the skin due to using drainage movements when using.
3. Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Perfect for sculpting the face as it improves the lift and contour of the skin.
5. Relieves tension and can improve headaches.
How to use
- Cleanse skin and apply serum or moisturiser.
- Hold your gua sha with the curved side to your face.
- Next move onto your jawline, chin and around the mouth, stroking the skin between three and five times per area.
- Pressing the tool flat to the skin, next delicately stroke under the eyes or over any redness, to soothe and de-puff.
- Work the tool in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows to release tension.
Start your Gua Sha journey now, you definitely won't regret it!
Please note that as the stone is natural occurring, each tool will be unique and may vary in colour and size. The Aventurine stone is a precious crystal therefore, we have packaged it in a pouch which makes it also the perfect gift!