When it comes to sleep, there is a reason they call it ‘beauty sleep’. Even though there’s a lot we don’t know about sleep, there are many things that we do know. Firstly, when we fall asleep, our brain stores new information and gets rid of toxic waste. The body repairs cells, restores energy, and releases molecules like hormones and proteins that help stimulate repair and regeneration.
When we fall asleep our bodies switch from survival mode to recovery mode. An average person starts feeling tired around 9pm or when the sun has fully set, which is exactly when the skin starts to settle down as well. Over the next couple of hours is when your skin is the most primed to absorb topical treatments, making it the perfect time to use a treatment mask.
The Best Time to Mask
If you're looking for a way to boost the effectiveness of your skincare routine, consider using an overnight mask. Your skin becomes warmer and more permeable at night, making it prime time to absorb skincare products. The best time to use antioxidant serums, hydrating night creams, and spot treatments is at night. Your skin is primed to absorb in whatever you throw at it.
One of the downsides is that your skin is also more prone to loosing moisture during the night. This is why the skin can often feel extremely dry when waking up in the morning, which is why a morning moisturiser is super important.
Applying an overnight mask is one of the simplest ways to take advantage of night time permeability to protect the skin against overnight moisture loss. Overnight or sleeping masks are designed to take advantage of the skin’s increased permeability while also creating a protective layer on the surface that helps lock moisture in while keeping the dirt and other pore-clogging debris out.
Tips for Applying Overnight Masks
It is super simple to incorporate an overnight mask into your weekly skincare routine. Many times people use overnight masks approximately once or twice a week- this may depend on the active ingredients you choose which will determine how often the mask will need to be applies. If choosing your mask for exfoliations purposes, limit the use to once a week to give your skin a radiance boost. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instruction and recommendations in combination with that suits your skin type best. If you are looking to use a mask for hydration or anti-aging benefits, you could use a mask three times per week or as needed.
Applying an overnight mask is super easy- here are the steps to follow:
- Cleanse your face using a gentle cleanser and be sure to remove all traces of the day’s makeup.
- Apply toner like Lotion Yon-Ka while the skin is still slightly damp and pat it into your skin.
- Give your skin a few minutes to absorb the toner.
- Apply a thin to medium layer of the mask to your face, neck, and décolleté.
- Let the product absorb for 20 to 30 minutes then massage in the extra before bed.
The next morning when you wake up, your skin will feel healthy and hydrated. Simply follow your regular morning skincare routine and enjoy the benefits of rejuvenated and regenerates skin.
Our Top Yon-Ka Overnight Sleeping Masks
Yon-Ka Hydra No.1 Masque
This repairing mask is made up of 89% of natural ingredients that deliver soothing hydration to dehydrated and damaged skin. It is formulated with a rich complex of aloe vera, imperata cylindrica extract, sodium PCA and vegetal glycerine.
This intensely hydrating gel-cream mask imparts a natural bouquet with long-lasting hydration.
How to use:
- For daily use- apply a generous amount to the skin and leave on for 10-20 minutes, blotting away the excess with a clean tissue and follow with a Lotion Yon-Ka toner.
- As an overnight mask- apply a thin/medium layer to the face, neck and décolleté and leave it on overnight.
Yon-Ka Sensitive Masque
Formulated specifically for sensitive skin, this calming mask features soothing and comforting plant extracts like arnica, German chamomile, and horse chestnut. This crème masque is rich in botanicals, designed to alleviate inflammation, reduce redness and reactivity, and soothe sensitive skin, leaving it feeling calm and comforted.
How to use:
- Use 1 to 3 times per week as needed
- Let it sit for 20-60 minutes as needed and then blot excess with facial tissue
- Apply thin/medium layer and leave overnight washing it off the next morning
Yon-Ka Glyconight 10% Masque
This high-performing silky smooth sleep mask boasts natural and organic ingredients that reduce the signs of aging and wrinkles, while amplifying the luminescence of the skin’s appearance – leaving it plump, glowing, and youthful. Its Vegan and free from controversial ingredients. Glyconight 10% Masque is potent, effective, safe. It’s unique because of the addition of aromatic essential oils which transforms skincare into a beautiful night-time ritual.
How to use:
- After cleansing the skin, those who are looking to boost their skins radiance can apply the mask to the face and neck, leaving it on the skin while sleeping, and rinsing off in the morning.
- For a radiance-boosting mask, use the mask every other night as maintenance treatment, or as an intensive course of treatment two to three times a year for maximum results.
Masking is an essential element in skincare, but you need to remember that ingredients need time to work. If you are a person who is time restricted, then incorporating an overnight sleeping mask from Yon-Ka could be the perfect solution.
Looking for more information on which mask might suit you best? Contact us online and one of our team members will get in touch to speak to you about the best overnight mask that would be most suited for your skin.